1) I drink a soy latte every day. Benton is the espresso connoisseur, but I reap all the benefits of his coffee knowledge — lucky me.
2) If I’m going out to dinner, most likely I’m having sushi. Or Mexican food. Last night, I had VEGAN Mexican food at Gracias Madre. Julia and I split a number of starters, each one better than the last. Read this list and try not to drool:
- Gorditas — potato-masa cakes topped with warm salsa verde, avocado, and cashew crema
- Ensalada del Invierno — massaged kale, roasted root vegetables and escabeche in a creamy orange chipotle dressing
- Coliflor Frito — flash-fried cauliflower with nacho cheese and lemon
- Quesadillas de Calabaza — butternut squash and caramelized onions folded into tortillas with cashew nacho cheese and pumpkin seed salsa
- Chips and guacamole — of course, the chips are milled in-house. Would you expect anything less?!
3) If the temperature is under 70 degrees, I’m cold. I love that there are nine months of spring in Los Angeles.
4) My favorite pair of sneakers are floral high-top Keds (and yes, I’m over the age of eight). Surprise…I’m wearing them today!
5) I’ve come to expect really awesome things to happen to me. In LA, everyone knows someone…who knows someone…and I’ve had the most amazing experiences result from this phenomenon; it’s cliched yet so very true. I’m sensing lots of newness on the horizon and am feeling energized and excited! Fingers crossed that LA juju will continue to do it’s thing.